Major League Baseball fans are counting down the days until Opening Day. Locally, Phillies fans’ countdown is set to just a little more than one week when “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” will be blasting from the speakers at Citizens Bank Park once again.
To help get everyone hyped for the big game, the National League East Champion Phillies (that never gets old) will be hosting a slew of events all around town.
From March 29–April 3, the “Red” Phanatic will appear at daily events to celebrate the upcoming season during Paint The Town Red Week. Here’s a rundown of what to expect:
• Thursday, March 29: Runway Rally at Macy’s Center City, Main Floor, Market Street entrance, 5:30 p.m. Join the fun as the Red Phanatic and Phillies Ballgirls get fans psyched for the season during a live runway show featuring the latest in Phillies fashion. Expect special guests, prizes and free rally towels for attendees. Phillies’ Scott Palmer will emcee.
• Friday, March 30: Here’s your chance to be part of Phillies history! Starting March 30, fans are invited to enter The 2012 Fan In The Phillies Mural Sweepstakes on phillies.com, where one person will have the chance to have his/her face painted into the crowd scene of The Phillies Mural. The fan selected will join 30 Phillies greats on the new Center City Philadelphia mural celebrating the history of the Phillies, set to be unveiled this summer.
• Saturday, March 31: Cheer on Runners at the Phillies Charities 5K, 9 a.m., starts and ends at Citizens Bank Park. The race is sold out, but fans are encouraged to wear their Phillies red and cheer on the 5,000+ runners taking part in the second Phillies Charities 5K. The Red Phanatic will lead off the race.
• Sunday, April 1: Center City is turning red in honor of the Phillies’ return home from Spring Training in Clearwater. Be on the lookout for a red Boathouse Row, as well as a giant Phillies “P” on the 29-story Cira Centre Building. The PECO building Crown Lights will also have a unique “Welcome Home Phillies” message displayed for all to see.
• Monday, April 2 and Tuesday, April 3: The Phillies “On-Deck Series” features a Spring Training-like atmosphere filled with prizes and surprises. Both games against the Pittsburgh Pirates include unique player and alumni interactions with fans, merchandise specials and entertainment.Tickets are still available online or by calling (215) 463-1000. Both games are at 7:05 p.m.
Don’t miss out on any of the fun!